[SQ] Day 100 - The Magic of Christmas never ends!

April 26, 2020 Sidelle Menon 27 Comments

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is staying safe!

I started the 30 Day Self - Quarantine challenge almost a month ago with the intension to create a project daily to push my boundaries and stay motivated. I started off well but after a few days, couldn't keep up to it. I took a few days off to get back on track and started crafting once again. However, I couldn't keep up and stopped crafting again. During that time, I wanted to get back to it but decided to take the time off to figure out the upcoming days. While reflecting, I came up with the following points:

1) I was pushing myself too much to try and get a bunch of things.
2) It's okay to take a step back and relax.
3) Mental health and well being is very important. While running this imaginary race, we often put ourselves last while aiming to work on every other aspect.
4) Prioritization is the key.

Since I have to complete a bunch of other things apart from crafting, I decided to only post relevant projects. So for today's project, I created a Mixed Media Christmas card which I have been working on for the past few days. Christmas is my most favorite occasion of the year as the entire family comes together to celebrate the birth of Christ, I get to eat some delicious food and sweets and get to celebrate with my friends as well! 

I decided to take inspiration from a Christmas door picture. For the background, I used an old greeting card. Next, I drew the door. I wanted to make a fun fold card so I cut the entire door except for one side so that I could use it as a hinge. I used a few markers to shade a door a bit. Then to create the brick wall effect, I mixed some gesso with shades of brown and used a paintbrush to dab and not paint the bricks. They turned out to be lovely! After this, I used the same method to create white bricks around my door. Added a few cut leaves to the top to create a banner along with a few on the door to create a wreath. Then I used my red 3-D outliner to add little berries. 

I thought the card is finished but the right-hand side looked too plain. So then I dabbed a few shades of green to create the tree, added the berries, and a gold star on top. To top off the entire card, added some gorgeous white glitter to the tree and the white bricks. Finally, I added the background to the card base and stuck the sentiment(from an old card) inside the door. I loved how it turned out! Check out the pictures below!






Entering this card for the following challenges:

1)Christmas Cards all year round - AG
2) MIUCB #36 - Anything Goes + Fancy Fold
3) April Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #74
4) 12 Months of Christmas link up - Challenge #64: Opt. Twist…Blooming Botanicals
5) Besties Challenge - AG
6) Crafters Castle - April Challenge #28
7) HLS April Christmas Challenge
8) As you like it - Favourite non Birthday occasion and why
9) Let's Craft and Create - Challenge #158 - AG + Option THROUGH A WINDOW
10) Christmas 24 - Challenge #008
11) Creatalicious - Challenge #185 AG
12)  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - C#130
13) TTCRD - Anything Goes Challenge April 21st 2020
14) The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Challenge # 70 - Anything Christmas Goes
15) KCC #504 {ALL OCCASIONS}

You Might Also Like

27 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that door looks so real! Gorgeous scene you've created here - thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Thank you for joining us at the Crafters Castle Challenge - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, really like how you have created the brick work and the texture for the tree, really effective . Thanks for joining for this months challenge at Let's Craft and Create and good luck, Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely Christmas card and I like how the door opens and there is a message. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks you for joining with us at My Besties International challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative, Sidelle. I would say your card has 'curb appeal'. ;) Thanks for sharing it with us at HLS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sidelle this is a lovely scene you have created. I love that you have recycled an old card and with all the elements you have added created something totally unique.

    Thank you very much for your lovely card and entering it into our challenge and good luck.

    Hope you and your family are safe and well from the Covid-19 virus.

    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the kind words Mandy! Hope you and your family are safe too! xx

      Delete
  9. I do like all the sparkle on the tree in front of the house. Great work. Sorry to be so late commenting. Thank you for playing along with our Sparkle challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful, traditional design.

    Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a Pretty card and so different too...
    Thank you for joining us this month over at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.All the Best
    Hugs Seemaa (DT)
    https://homehashtagdiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous make, and certainly an occasion to celebrate! Thanks so much for joining us at AYLI, hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete