Favourite Color to pair with Purple - Mixed Media Card

May 12, 2020 Sidelle Menon 46 Comments


Hello everyone!

For the last few days, I have been enjoying making mixed media projects and thus I decided to make a mixed media card today. Purple along with shades of blue has been one of my favourite colors to work with and thus I decided to use them today as I was trying out something new. I have a few bottles of food coloring out of which I have not used the purple color for a while. For the background, I stacked and glued together scraps of patterned paper and clothing tags. Recycling such things give me pure joy! Once I finished gluing down the papers, I added a coat of gesso and used some modeling paste with one of my stencils. After that, I started adding drops of purple food coloring here and there and sprayed water. While doing this, the purple color started to bleed - it gave me shades of blue so I did not need to add any more blue colors. I worked a lot on the background and added a few drops of purple acrylic paint too so that the background could be purple. When the background was dry, I added splatters of black paint and white gesso. 

For the focal point, I wanted to use a butterfly and found this stamp by Stampendous to be the best fit. I colored the stamp with different shades of purple and blue. I added some bandage cloth and lace to give a definition to my element. Once I was happy with the placement, I added the butterfly, a sentiment from an old card and a few sequins to finish off the card. I really loved the outcome as it was achieved by playing around with the purple food coloring and I will be having many more posts including it in the coming weeks.






1) Creatalicious Challenge #186 ANYTHING GOES with optional add sparkle
2)  www.creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au
3) AllSorts Challenge - Anything Goes
4) Crafty Catz Challenge #505 - ATG with optional twist Baby
5) Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #118 ~ Anything Goes
6) MIUCB #37 - Anything Goes + Masking
7) Creative Fingers Challenge #185.
8) Friendship Challenge # 53 - Everything that can fly
9) Craft Stamper - Take It Make It Challenge: May
10) TTCRD - Anything Goes
11) More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes with optional Pink
12) Crafty Sentiments Anything goes challenge
13) Cute Card Thursday Challenge 633 - Anything Goes!
14) Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes #438-#439
15) Crafters Castle - May Challenge #29
16) Challenge #5 - Anything Goes Mixed Media Creative Challenge at We Love 2 Create at Polkadoodles
17) Double D - Lavenders~Lilac~Purple Challenge
18) As you like it challenge - Favourite colour to pair with Purple
19) Through the purple haze - Challenge #167 Anything goes with a twist
20) IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES #132 - Q is for QUARTZ PALETTE/AG
21) The Rainbow card Challenge #17: Vivaciously Violet

Thanks for stopping by!

You Might Also Like

46 comments:

  1. The card is wonderful and enchanting. I love the colours and the layout so much.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and best wishes!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty Butterfly creation and great textures, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty with that gorgeous butterfly and creative background!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterfly card, the blue and purple colors are so pretty, the lace and rhinestones just make your butterfly card perfect.
    Thank you for playing along over at IKE's World Challenges, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ... great job! Absolutely beautiful background & overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lavenders~Lilacs~Purples’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words Darlene! I will stop by your blog xx

      Delete
  6. AWESOME !!! I really love the MM background and that butterfly is stunning :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the fab butterfly! Thank you for joining in at IkesWorldChallenges DT Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine zauberhafte Karte und sehr schöne Farben. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei der Friendship-Challenge.

    LG Heike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I love the added texture. That butterfly is gorgeous and I like the blue colour a lot.
    Thank you for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautifully done! Gorgeous butterfly!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. The butterfly is awesome. So glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! I love the beautiful butterfly!! The background you created is beautiful and perfectly embellished. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Ann! Yes i will be back for the fun challenges!

      Delete
  14. Great mix media card! Thanks for playing along at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/2020/05/challenge-5-anything-goes-mixed-media.html
    Wow absolutely stunning especially your butterfly LOVE IT Thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful, I love the collage-y feel of this. Can't stop looking at it. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you Judy! Definitely stopping by your place!

      Delete
  17. A gorgeous project. I love the background and the colours look so pretty together. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at TRCC, and I hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, blue with purple looks incredible. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful card. Gorgeous colours and background. A stunning butterfly too.
    Thank you for joining in with our May challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH so gorgeous! I adore the amazing textures and the way you used color! Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree -a gorgeous project!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are wonderful! Thank you for participating in The Rainbow Card Challenge this month!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, TRCC DT
    www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card and an amazing background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Ike's World Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete