With Thanks | Cross Stitch Rectangle Background

February 20, 2021 Sidelle Menon 5 Comments

Hey everyone,

It feels great to be back crafting after a while. I took a break for sometime as I felt a bit overwhelmed with all that was happening. I did make a few crafty purchases during this time and I got quite a few new supplies that I'm so excited to try!

Today's card features the My Favorite Things Cross Stitch Rectangle Background die. During my school days, I used to have needle work as a subject. While I loved how different it was in comparison to my other subjects, I wasn't a fan of it as all that we used to do was learn basic stitches and create simple designs on home decor pieces.

After that, I almost stopped anything related to embroidery/stitching until during lockdown last year, I came across a bunch of posts with stitching on cards, bookmarks, tags, etc and I instantly knew that I had to give it a shot.


I tried to play around with the background a couple of times until I finalized this one. I love how the combination of blue + yellow stands out on a dark background. For the background, I decided to do a mixture of two shades of blue in a chevron pattern inspired by Jennifer McGuire's video. For the flowers, I used the Altenew Adore you stamp set and stamped the two smallest flowers and leaves onto some watercolor paper and colored them with my Distress inks. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Wplus9 Beautiful Bouquet Ranunculus onto some black cardstock. Lastly, I added all the elements to the panel and foam mounted it to a white card base by LetzCraft. (I really love their wide selection of good colors and quality papers that comes at a great price and in great sizes too)

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

1) ATSM Challenge #399 - Any Occasion

2) We love Chocolate Baroque - Flowers, Butterflies and Birds

3) Through the craft room door - Anything Goes

4) CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #134

5) Simon Says: Add Some Texture

6) The Flower Challenge #53 Use your latest Stamps or Dies

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,

Sidelle.

 
 

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful, neat stitching - it adds so much texture and interest on the card and is a perfect background for your lovely sentiment and flowers,
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete