You inspire me | Slimline card

February 28, 2021 Sidelle Menon 18 Comments

Hey everyone,

It's been quite a few months since the slimline card trend took the crafting world by storm. I've been seeing such gorgeous slimline card creations all over the internet. Since it's a different size as compared to the regular A2 card, the supplies available are also different. 

However, I didn't want to purchase specific supplies for this card so I tried working with my existing supplies. When I saw the current Altenew card challenge, I knew that I wanted to create a card with a dark and striking background. 


The Cardbase is the Cairo Creme pre-cut slimline cardstock by LetzCraft. For the background, I used a pink cardstock that I found at a local craft store. I clear heat embossed the Geometric Grid background stamp by MyFavoriteThings. Then I ink blended a picked raspberry, seedless preserves and dusty concord distress inks to get a nice shaded look.

The flowers and leaves are from the Peony Scrolls set by Altenew and are gold heat embossed and colored with squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, mowed lawn and peeled paint distress inks. I did a bit of shading using a local sketch pen brand. The sentiment from Altenew's Adore You set is also heat embossed in gold. After arranging the flowers and sentiment, I finished the card off with a few gold sequins from my local store. 

I'm really happy with the royal look of the card. I'm entering this card for the following challenges:

1) Altenew February 2021 Inspiration Challenge

2) ATSM Challenge #399 - Any Occasion

3) Penny's Challenge #490

4) Creative Fingers Challenge #202.

5) Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes - Weeks #479-#480

6) Through the craft room door Anything Goes Challenge 23rd February 2021

7) Simon Says: Anything Goes

8) CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #135

9) Allsorts Challenge Week 613 👗 Feminine







You Might Also Like

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful floral creation is fabulous vibrant colours, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Feminine' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous floral card. Love the vibrant colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card with these pretty colors and beautiful floral image!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week where it's all about feminine creations!!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - love how you've heat embossed the flowers in gold.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. Thank you for joining us at penny's challenge.
    Greetings Geesje (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Love those rich colours and beautiful flowers.Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your slimline card is amazing, I Love the rich colour of the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Royal" is the perfect description of this amazing card!! Congratulations on your win!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete