Pastel Floral Card | Altenew Inked Flora

June 18, 2020 Sidelle Menon 16 Comments

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well!

I have always been in awe of pastel flowers as they look so subtle yet elegant. However, I have been equally scared of trying them out as it can tend to look a bit plain. When I saw the current challenge at Color Throwdown and If You Give A Crafter A Cookie, I decided to give it a go!

The card features just three colors - pink, aqua, and gold. First, I stamped the flowers and leaves by Altenew's Inked Flora set (Favourite flower stamp set) and heat embossed it in gold. I colored the embossed images in Worn Lipstick and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks by Tim Holtz.

I took a lot of time to figure out the background for the card. I tried a lot of styles but settled on these gold diagonal stripes which I drew with my gold marker. For the sentiment, I heat embossed it in gold, cut it into a banner, and added a strip of gold glitter paper around the edges. 

I tried a few placements and settled on this one. I finished off the card by gluing everything down and drawing a gold border around the edges to get everything together. I really loved how elegant the card looks!


Entering this card for the following challenges:

4) If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge #144 (Inspired by the white, aqua blue, pink colors of the cookie icing. Used the golden color from the golden cookie base as a base for the card)






You Might Also Like

16 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful. I love the elegance of the gold stripes, gold heat-embossed flowers and gold outline. This layout is fabulous with those big, luscious flowers. Thanks so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Cre ate. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very elegant floral card, many thanks for joining in with our 'Embossing' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card!
    LOVE your flowers and golden accents, so elegant together!
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did amazing! I don't think you have anything to be afraid of. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana, experimenting always has crazy results!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card and embossed flowers.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your floral card is beautiful and elegant. The gold adds a touch of opulence to the pretty pastel flowers. A most beautiful design.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” June Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deanne for the kind words. I completely understand. Hope you are safe :)

      Delete