Coloring with Sketch Pens | DCAM Critter Sheets

September 23, 2020 Sidelle Menon 16 Comments

Hey there!

I have been checking out different types of floral images apart from hand-drawn and stamped images and I came across the lovely critter sheets by Die Cuts and More. I ordered the Ready to color Wild Roses one a few months ago to try it out.

Initially, I tried watercolors but since it's not printed on watercolor paper, the colors just seeped in and I did not like the result. Then I tried painting with my distress inks and got the same result. I was annoyed and decided to not work on it for a while.


Initially, I tried watercolors but since it's not printed on watercolor paper, the colors just seeped in and I did not like the result. Then I tried painting with my distress inks and got the same result. I was annoyed and decided to not work on it for a while.

I was cleaning my table after finishing a project and saw my stash of sketch pens that I have had for years, probably 10+ years, and thought of trying them on the critter sheet. The next morning I tried coloring one of the flowers and loved how vibrant it looked!

I colored two flowers in yellow, orange, red, a bit of brown, and the leaves in shades of blue. I used a dark background so that the colors of the elements could pop out and distressed the edges with some torn jeans distress ink.

After arranging the elements, I glued them down and added a sentiment heat embossed in white from Essential sentiments by My Favorite Things. Finished the card with a few black Pearl Drops from Little Birdie by Itsy Bitsy.

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:

1) IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES #136- U is for UNDER THE WEATHER/AG

2) LTSCB #137 - Anything Goes

3) Corrosive Challenge #09

4) CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #123

5) Scrapping4Fun Challenge 175 - Anything Goes

6)  Penny's Challenge #480

7) Allsorts Challenge - Week 590 My Lovely Garden

8) Crafty Catz Challenge #519

9) Creative Fingers - Challenge #193

10) MIUCB #41 - Anything Goes + Foiling

You Might Also Like

16 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, love your beautifully coloured flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers really pop against that wonderful blue background. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous bold colours on this lovely cration, Thank you for joining our 'Garden' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such striking use of colour of your lovely floral card, many thanks for joining in with our Garden theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your project a lot! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge over at Penny's Challenges. Looking forward to see you again!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful 😍 thank you for playing along with Penny's Paper-Crafty 😊
    - Parvathi Tripathi (Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. Such vibrant colors, your flowers really pop. Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete