Herringbone Technique Card

May 01, 2020 Sidelle Menon 15 Comments

Hey!

Hope everyone is safe!

India has been in lockdown for a month and it has been extended for the next two weeks to curb the spread. During this time, I thought that it would be perfect to use up my stash of supplies. While looking for inspiration, I came across the current 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge - Herringbone Technique and decided it would be fun to use my stash of patterned paper which I have been hoarding for years. Christmas is undoubtedly my favorite festival that I celebrate every year as it brings so much joy to each and every one!

For the Herringbone technique, all that you need is a bunch of patterned/colorful papers. The papers which I have used today are almost five years old and are amongst my first ever paper pack purchases. To make the background, I first cut the papers into strips of various sizes. Once that was done, I followed a youtube tutorial to make the design. At the start, I decided to make just two cards. When I finished my second background, I had many strips that were left so I decided to make another background. After my third background, a few strips were still there and, I just could not get myself to throw them away, so I decided to make another background. 

Once I finished all four backgrounds, I added a black strip of paper all around the borders and stuck them to the card base. The card base is made out of paper from my dad's old documents. For embellishments, I decided to keep it simple. I love decorating Christmas trees with a different theme every year, so I drew four different trees on the paper, colored them with my watercolor paints, and added a few sequins as a little bit of sparkle will not do any harm. After adding a strip of black paper all around the border, I stuck it to the cards and decided that it looked terrific this way! 







Entering this bunch for the following challenges:

1) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - C# 130
2) The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Challenge # 70 - Anything Christmas Goes
3) Crimbo Crackers - Challenge 209 - Use Your Old Stash
4) 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - April Technique Challenge
5) The Paper Funday - April 2020 - Challenge #16 Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Easter
6) Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May 2020 challenge
7) FabnFunky Challenges - Challenge #479 ~ Christmas
8) TTCRD - Anything Goes
9) Polkadoodles - Anything Goes
10) As you like it challenge - Favourite non-birthday occasion and why

Thanks for stopping by!

You Might Also Like

15 comments:

  1. Lovely Project. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Regards Judy McKay TTCRD DT In Search of My Creative Side

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'est une très jolie série Sidelle, c'est une belle idée de profiter de ces temps difficiles pour créer, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set of cards - those background strips are very effective. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely brilliant, such a great way to use up odds and ends of paper. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. SArah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely card with a stunning background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and I love the colours you've used. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the cards are lovely. I am sorry I am so late commenting but I have and computer issues and no one available to fix it. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Crazy Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Myrna S. Design Team Member. Please also join us for our weekly Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Card Challenge at http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete