Altered Chalkboard Journal Cover

June 04, 2016 Sidelle Menon 11 Comments

Hey Guys!So since a long time I wanted to alter a diary cover so that I could turn it into a journal for my work.But I never got the time until a few weeks back when I saw the challenge at Lessology was to incorporate Chalkboard into your work,I knew that this was the perfect time.So here is a picture of the diary before being altered.

And here it is after being altered.


I had planned it to come out in another way but since I was short on time,I decided to do it this way.Now the first challenge was-Chalkboard paint.Since I didn't want to spend money on buying the paint,I thought of making it at home.After watching many videos on youtube,I finally got the perfect recipe.So in a bowl I took 2 tablespoons of black acrylic paint and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.So the proportion should be 2:1.I mixed it and painted the cover.Next I started making handmade flowers by different techniques and it took me quite some time.Lastly,I arranged them to make a border and glued them down.This took me 3 days to make and I'm satisfied with the effort.Lastly since I didn't have chalk to write on,I was going to use my Camlin soft pastels as they are equivalent to chalks but I could not find them in time.Here is a closer look.

Linking it up to the following challenges:
1)Lessology-Chalkboard fun

2)The paper shelter-flowers

3)613 avenue create-Anything goes
Thanks for stopping by.Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

  1. This is great! I love looking for interesting ways to use chalk paints. I love the idea of being able to create a chalkboard in unusual spaces. Nice journal! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to have a chalkboard cover for your journal! Love how you tried a homemade recipe for chalkboard paint. Those bright blooms just scream happy! :)

    Thank you for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm a big fan of your work!

      Delete
  3. Good on you for even making your own paint. AWESOME! Love your take on our LESSology challenge....it's so bright and happy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! And you made your paint!! And I have that stuff here! Wonderful creation and thank you for joining us at Lessology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! yes homemade stuff is always cheaper and better!

      Delete
  5. Nice job! I like the idea of making your own paint, that is genus! hugs! And thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for choosing me as your winner :D

      Delete